The surgery was first established in 1954 shortly after the estate was built. It was founded by Drs Donnelly and Jennings who practised here until their retirement in 1989. It was originally based in Throne Road, and moved to the corner of Ampulla Road around 1960.
Our new well-equipped surgery opened on the present site in June 1995 together with the local pharmacy which moved from Hebden Parade. The local dentist built a surgery next to us in 2000. We have recently extended our surgery to provide a new treatment room, work area for GPs and improved car parking.
See pictures of the old surgery and the building of the new.